Moving Forward™ is a Revolutionary Grief Support Program providing unsurpassed levels of support.
A program designed to help grievers find hope so they can heal and grow. Moving Forward™ is evidence-based with measurable, deliverable, predictable outcomes.
“Grief is the natural reaction to loss. Grief is both a universal and a personal experience. Some examples of loss include the death of a loved one, the ending of an important relationship, job loss, loss through theft or the loss of independence through disability.” – Mayo Clinic
WHAT IS MOVING FORWARD – A COMPREHENSIVE GRIEF SUPPORT PROGRAM?
- Grief Support Program for Adults – 18 years and older.
- 1-1/2 hour modular 8-week group grief support program – conducted in-person or virtually.
HOW IT WORKS
- Offered as a turn-key program in either of two ways:
- by Hearts of Hope mental health professionals who are experts in the field of end-of-life, death, dying, and bereavement,
- or, Hearts of Hope will train your organization’s facilitators to offer this program.
- Includes delivery and distribution of professionally compiled resources, exercises, and information to help participants move forward during times of grief and loss.
WHAT PARTICIPANTS IN MOVING FORWARD RECEIVE:
- Moving Forward Educational Materials
- Grief Educational Materials
- Resource Guide
- Education in all facets of grief and bereavement.
- Support from not only the group facilitator but from other participants as well.
- Workbook with reference materials to enable continuous learning and support.
“When my wife passed away, I felt as if I went into a state of super limbo. I agreed to try the group and found that right from the beginning we all understood each other. There was no judgment, and therefore no reason to hold back. For each 1 ½ hour session, that room became my universe and I found myself sharing more with these people than I had shared with my closest friends. We formed great friendships and now get together on our own for a monthly dinner.” – Chuck Klemballa, Group Participant
BENEFITS FOR PARTICIPANTS
- Educational and emotional support with a clear message that “you are not alone…”
- Increased personal support system of like-minded individuals resulting from group interaction and shared experiences.
- Education and reassurance that feeling “normal” returns; it just feels different than before.
- Education and reassurance that meaning returns to life and is often found in surprising places.
“Hearts of Hope provides a safe, loving warm place for our bereaved families to begin to heal…the facilitators truly understand the journey these individuals face and treat each with respect; they provide loving guidance and foster hope and acceptance at every turn.” – Catherine F. Owens, LCSW, OSW-C
Carol G. Simon Cancer Center / Morristown, NJ
Hearts of Hope Foundation, Inc.
Copyright © 2022